Recipe of the month
Crispy duck with apples
For 4 portions
1 duck (approx. 2 kg)
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sauce
4 juicy, sour apples
2 teaspoons butter
6 tablespoons port wine
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 °C (circulating air 160 °C). Rub the duck with salt and pepper
on the inside and outside. Place the grate in the Profi roasting pan. Cover the base of the roasting pan approx.
1 cm high with water. The water should not reach the grate. Place the duck on the grate with the breast
- Roast the duck in an open roasting pan 1 hour and 30 minutes. Pour a little water into the roasting pan
if needed. Keep brushing the duck lightly with water every now and then.
- Put the apples on the grate.
- Mix the honey with the soy sauce and brush the duck with the mixture. Let the duck cook
for another 30 minutes or so and brush it three times with the honey-duck sauce in the meantime.
- Place the duck and apples on a dish. Pour the roast juice from the roasting pan into a small
pan, remove the fat as much as possible and let the juice reduce a little over high heat.
- Add the port wine, let it simmer briefly. Season the sauce with nutmeg, salt
and pepper. Add the port wine sauce and roasted apples to the crispy duck.
Quick side dish: steamed potatoes cooked with the Kelomat go very well with this crispy duck.
PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
KELOMAT roasting pan Profi stainless steel
KELOMAT roasting pan Profi stainless steelTO THE PRODUCT
KELOMAT’s roasting pan Profi is a true all-rounder in first-class stainless steel. It opens new possibilities in the kitchen for you. It can be used for roasting and stewing poultry, venison, fish and large pieces of meat, for instance.